Monday, March 31, 2014

Bunny Bricks Quilt Take Two

Meet the smaller version of the original Bunny Bricks Quilt.  It's perfect for a wall hanging or for a table topper.  It sews up faster - so now you have to make one!  The only modification is that there are 6 bricks in each row and the rows are arranged slightly different: two on the the top, then the 8" bunny strip, 4 rows, 8" bunny strip and 2 rows.  Again, the rows are offset so it creates "bricks".  The bunnies are arranged a little differently - that was my Sister-in-Law's doing :)  and there are only 6 bunnies total - so less time appliquéing!!  HOPPY SEWING!!!

Amanda

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Amanda I love this quilt. The bunnies are so cute and the fabric you picked is lovely! Thank you for sharing the pattern.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you keep your needle from getting gunky when you are top stitching the bunnies? I made one row today and had to clean my needle after half a bunny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That shouldn't happen. Are you using Heat n Bond Lite? Or a similar lightweight fusible? When I work with the full strength stuff my needle can get "gunky".

      Delete
    2. I did figure that out today! I realized the package for the Lite says "for machine applique". lol. Yes, I can read! ha ha!

      Delete