Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!



I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  It is so nice to gather around the table and offer thanks to God for the abundance we have and to talk with each other and share our gratitude for our many blessings.

My new table's first thanksgiving!  It was fun to be able to spread out and have lots of room for lots of plates!



Our menu:
Roast turkey stuffed with butter and herbs - it was one of the best turkeys yet!
Traditional Stuffing
Mashed potatoes with cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, cream & butter
Rolls - Secret Family Recipe
Brown Eyed Baker's Homemade Green Bean Casserole
Homemade Cranberry Sauce
Homemade Strawberry Jam
Thanksgiving fruit salad - family recipe
Shrimp cocktail - family recipe
Fresh Strawberry pie - my friend's award winning recipe
Banana Cream pie - secret family recipe
Black Berry Pie (Claim Jumper - I have to cut corners somewhere)
Pumpkin Pie (Claim Jumper also)


We gathered with family and friends and ate and ate and ate!

Marbles even had his little sweater on for dinner.
 Marbles is the strangest Bangle cat - he won't eat meat.  Instead he sits at the table and begs for bites of roll.  What a weird-o!!!


 My little "photo boomer".  The kids were super silly after dinner!  All that waiting around to eat!!



I can't believe Thanksgiving is over and December begins on Sunday!!!  How fast the time flies!




Amanda

2 comments:

  1. Hi and Happy Thanks Giving! We don't have that in SA but wish we did, it sounds like such fun and all that wonderful food, mmm....! Please would you share with me how you make your Mash Potaoes they sound yummy! And I just love your cat she's beautiful. The new table was the perfect size. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to see our cat is not the only one that prefers bread to meat. She would eat a full piece of toast if I let her. I love bread as well but sheesh...

    ReplyDelete